When promoting their events online, many event marketers put all their efforts towards the pre-event promotion. However, the end of event is not the end of event marketing.
When promoting their events online, many event marketers put all their efforts towards the pre-event promotion, and when their event is concluded, only perform analyses on attendance and other success metrics. However, organizers who do so lose the opportunity to enhance their affinity with attendees, as they are ignoring a large portion of online event marketing – post-event marketing. Continuing to market to and connect with attendees after an event enhances relationships and raises brand awareness by creating a very personal group identity. This enhanced experience reflects on your brand, and your company, helping to nurture long-term relationships.
Here are some tips on post-event marketing:
- Give attendees tools to promote the event – give them a post event summary, images, photos, logo, videos or a link to share with others
- Offer post-event communication/networking channels – emails, surveys, blogs, forums or other social medium
- Capture video interviews with satisfied attendees – generate content at the event to use for PR or other events marketing later
- Post a few of your best photos through your communication channels. Be sure to tag and mention people
- Listen for tweets, mentions and blog posts from others, and share them when you see these
- Last but not least, give attendees an incentive to get themselves or others to sign up at subsequent events
The end of event is not the end of event marketing. It’s a new beginning.